Sunday, February 24, 2008

What we have been up to....

Friday afternoon we headed down to Casa Grande to visit Gale and Bev and their friend Barb. The guys went golfing, and the gals headed for the shops. I thought I would look at some princess shoes for miss Rylie and wondered if any of these struck your fancy, Miss Amy?? =)
We enjoyed our time down there and one thing I will remember about this visit was meeting their dog named David. What a hoot. Dave is an old border collie. He reminded me so much of our dearly departed Sadie. He was very smart and still wanted to play. Gale said he can be anywhere in the house and ask Dave to go get his glasses and he will hunt in all the usual spots and bring them to him. He can also ask him to go bring him the paper and he will do it. I have to say, Michael was not ready to make friends with him, but he had a good time there and has been wearing a great yellow cap that Gale gave him, ever since Friday!

This morning, we went up to Mesa to visit Ken and Laura and attended a huge craft show at their park clubhouse. Many of the residents showed off their talents of wood crafts and carvings, stamping, knitting and quilting and ...now I forget what it was called, but tole ...something...where they layered photos by cutting different sections out and making them look 3-D. That was probably my favorite. My! There were some talented crafters there. I will put those photos up on a slide show tomorrow. Need to photoshop a few of them.....

We had lunch at Wendy'sm, across the street from the park, with Ken and Laura and then headed over to see Brian and Rylie. The guys were looking under the dishwasher to see how hard or easy it was going to be to hook up the new one when they get one. Miss Smiley was right there helping....well, helping put 'Craaaampaa' to bed, anyway.


We all came back over to our place for supper and Rylie is spending the night as Brian has to be to church at 6:15 to sing in church tomorrow. We can't believe how fast the time has gone down here. It will be our last Sunday in church down here. We are going to miss that, and have loved our time with Brian and Rylie (and Amy and Cheryl while they were here =) and also this warm weather! We are anxious, though, to see our family and friends back home as well. I am already thinking about my packing this week and tidying up to get ready to head north. We mapped out our trip home this evening and plan on trying to get back in two big days....stopping in Tucumcari, NM on Friday and pushing through to home on Saturday, Lord willing and weather permitting.

Well, I better get some sleep, as that little girl will be up bright and early and need a few extra minutes to all get ready to head out! =)

6 comments:

cheryl said...

Your "comings and goings" wear me out and I'm not even there! Glad you're having fun!

I know you didn't ask me, but I like voting, so I shall put in my vote for princess shoes! I'll bet the pink ones were Rylies favs but they may be just a bit "over the top" for the wedding. Were the other white closed toed shoes sparkley? Very pretty. I think my vote would be for the top pair of sandles though. Most practical and she can wear those all summer with shorts or dresses. The other ones could only be worn a limited time and with fancy pants dresses! That's the "practical mom" vote in me!

If only I could have convinced Amy of that about her wedding dress! LOL!

We're down to less than 5 weeks! EIKES!!!

cheryl said...

And boy, do I ever see Brian's eyes in that bottom pic of Rylie-Roo!

Kris said...

The shoes are all so pretty! Just get 'em all, Emelda!! ;)

The weather forecast for next weekend looks a little "iffy" around here, but that's typical NE...I think we've got snow in the forecast for tomorrow after a 50 degree day today!

Looking forward to having you home next weekend!

Amy said...

Yep. I think I like the top shoes the best. She can wear those a LOT more than the other ones! :)

Although, I do like pink sparkly things! haha

I still vote for the top white sandals. VERY cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's good to hear all the fun stuff going on out there! We returned back from my folks today (men's retreat was great I hear), and this sunny day made us all antsy to be outside! ...miss you all down in Phoenix. Rylie was such a big help to that hard-working Papa! He's got to be a dishwasher expert with all the dishwasher work he did for us!

Hugs to all of you, looking forward to having you back!

Kris said...

Hmmmm, our dishwasher needs repairing too....come on over, Daddy! :D :D :D (seriously, it just started dinkin' out on us a couple of days ago-great timing, eh?!)