Saturday, February 28, 2009

Swap Meet.....

Hubby dropped Michael and I off at a HUGE swap meet/ flea market and headed off to get the car to the shop for a couple of things we needed done before we head back on Monday. It was the nicest one I have ever been to...which honestly isn't saying too much...I have only been to a couple before, but it was as big as the Devaney/at the ne.state.fair and all open air. They have live music playing in a couple of spots and one of those groups were native Americans playing flutes and singing.....beautiful! I found part of what I was looking for (Laura had a gorgeous shirt/t-shirt set with scripture on it that I was coveting). They were closing them out and only had the shirt...great buy, and I do have a pink shirt I can wear under it, so I am fine with that =). Michael found 6 different colored dice to put in our Aggrevation.game and a VHS tape of Muppe.ts that he does not have (we won't know if it works until we get back to NE with a VCR)..and he also found a Tweety.bird T-shirt...so he was happy with his finds. He really wanted a Chip.&.Dale coloring book...will not find one of those the rest of his life I'm guessing... =) I just had him try on this hat for fun. He was not really this happy at this time...(he was not finding anything he was interested in yet..... =)

4 comments:

Anna said...

What a fun shopping outing, I bet you all enjoyed hunting for those good deals! Cute picture.

cheryl said...

Glad you had fun at the flea market!
I was in a quandry over what I learned most in the past 2 posts of yours!
Weed my garden or "if you covet, go buy it and you won't have to covet any longer." Hmmmmm, I like the last one best. It doesn't hurt so bad! ;)

Have fun tomorrow...prepare for the cold! Next time you come back, you'll have a little man to snuggle! YEAHHHHH!!!!

cheryl said...

p.s. Hey Michael...I LOVE those crazy eyes on that t-shirt!

COOKIES??

Kris said...

aww, Dad didn't want to stay at the swap meet and try on hats, too!? :)