Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Little corn soldiers..... =)

The corn is up on all the farms. This is looking north on Ernie's 80...you kids know where that is, right?? =) At least you never had to walk beans here. If you would have we might have gone to the lake to eat lunch. =) All is about 2-3 inches high. The soybeans are not up yet...will have to take a photo of them when they are. Cute farmer is heading to the Tarpenning farm to set up an auger to load the rest of last years beans and haul them to town. Need to get the bins cleaned out and be ready for this years crop. It is supposed to be in the upper 80's today and has been windy the past couple of days. It feels like summer. Had the windows open all night, cooling it off in here and have the blinds all pulled to keep the cool in today. Hate to start the AC yet, so will see if we can get by another week. Anyone else like that???? I hate to turn it on before June 1, and hate to run it after Sept. 1, but that last one has changed since I have become thermostatically challenged. =) We'll see if I can wait until June 1 as well. I bet we will have it on at work tomorrow. I'm sooooo thankful my boss runs hot as well. If the other gals complain it is too cold...he always asks me if I am cold. =)........

2 comments:

cheryl said...

What a beautiful sight!!! And I love your comment about being "thermostatically challenged"!!! That's such a sweet way to put it! I'm right there with ya sista!!!

10 DAYS TO GO!!!! ;)

Kris said...

We're in the weird weather of AC one day, heat the next, windows in between (at least now that the pollen's back down a bit). LOVE seeing the cornies coming up!! :)