Saturday, May 09, 2009

Lord Willing we will finish today......

We are almost ready to move to our second to last field of beans. We have the Lohrey 80 left and 24 acres on a little "hard to get to field" on Tarpennings. Cute farmer got stuck on the west Proctor field about an hour ago, and I picked him up so he could take out the other big tractor and brother SJ came over to help get him out.

I have been trying to get the rest of my windows washed and still have some bedding plants to get planted (and my crazy onions that I forgot to plant in the garden on Thursday when I planted the rest of it. One thing is for sure...my town friends would not want us for neighbors right now. I can't believe how many dandelions we have right now!! I don't have that many in my 'good' yard, but the whole place has them bad. They aren's to bad when they are yellow..it is just when they dry out and go to seed!! ....all for now...need to get back to work......

2 comments:

Kris said...

We're looking forward to TALL, TALL corn when we get there in 2 1/2 months! Maybe the kids can even walk some beans for Crampaw...anywhere? weeds....anywhere?

Oh wait, maybe we should just weed Grammy's yard of dandies!!

Andy said...

Glad to hear the planting has gone well and that you're almost done! I love this time of year, seeing the fields turn from brown to green in just a few weeks!