Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day Weekend.....

I left Saturday afternoon to go down to KC to spend some time with my Dad and family there.

Steve and Michael stayed back and went to one of the other many things we had on the calendar this weekend. They went to a picnic that has been hosted by his folk's friends and family for....I bet about 50 years by now. It was up by the Platte River and they had a spectacular fireworks show after.

I left about 1 pm on Saturday and got to the care center about 4:15 and stayed there until a little after 5:30. I went over to Toni and Terry's (my step sis) and had such a nice evening with them. Niece, Shauni, was there with their new baby girl, Reagan. She is 7 months old.

I would show you photos...of the whole weekend...if my battery had not been dead.... My other step sis, Lisa, took photos and is going to share them and then I will post some.

We got up and went to church on Sunday morning and then headed back over to the care center. Peg had a room reserved and she brought in a KFC lunch and chocolate cake and ice cream. Dad ate and ate. He opened his Father's Day gifts and had a nice visit. It was good to see him so happy. I left there about 1 pm and got back home about 4:30.

We headed over to Mahoney.State.Park for Steve's side Father's Day get together. Chuck and Kathy grilled thick loin chops. They were delish!! Everyone brought sides and it was hot, but such a nice evening. We thank the Lord for our Dads and how He used them to bring us to who we are today..... =)

Yesterday we changed the fresh water faucet in the kitchen and put a new faucet in the downstairs bathroom. I spent the cooler part of the morning yesterday scraping paint off my patio furniture and this morning, I repainted them. They still do not look too great, but we really don't use them a lot, and I did look around a little for a new set, and decided that a couple cans of paint are a lot cheaper than a new patio set...of which I could not find one I liked anyway........

I have two more bathroom faucets in the upstairs bathroom waiting to be installed. I forgot to stop and get the replacement water lines that we need this morning. I'll do it this afternoon when I go back to get Michael. It is a lot cooler to be doing 'honey-do' inside than outside. I'm a blessed woman. =) ...and I better go get cute farmer some lunch. He loaded/ hauled corn this morning (it is 89 degrees ---this weather on the side says it feels like 113 with 66% humidity). We are hotter than Phoenix right now. When he got back, he laid on the living room floor under the ceiling fans and is taking a short nap. He had to change shirts already cause you could ring that bugger out......

3 comments:

Anna said...

Yeah it is SO hot! ..but glad it's temporary..compared to those Phoenix summers! :) Sounds like a good and productive weekend..bummer about the camera battery. :) Glad you got to go visit your dad.

cheryl said...

So glad you got to spend some "good time" with your Daddy! That is so special! Will be anxious for snaps!

I feel your pain with the heat! We had 92 today and about 80% humidity. 3rd day in a row of it. My mister needed a "mister" in the garage...he too comes in clothing fully soaked! Don't know how he does it!

You're getting your place all spruced up! Whatcha getting ready for...CHRISTMAS?? Ha!

Kris said...

ahh, I shall enjoy brushing my teeth at those brand-spanking-new faucets in a few short weeks! You've sure been busy!!