Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Heart is Broken....

It is so hard to give up dear friends. Joyce and Larry were going to travel more now that he retired. I worked with Joyce in wedding ministry for years and years. She was such a godly woman with the sweetest, most sincere prayers. She had a stroke the day after Thanksgiving and as of last word, was declared 'brain dead'. My heart is broken. I'm so glad we had a nice visit last Sunday morning, and that the Lord did not give her a long illness to take her, but I miss her already and can barely believe that she will not be there in the morning.... Have been praying for Larry and the family all afternoon. I'm so thankful she loved our Lord and Savior and look forward to the day when we meet again.....

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Oh Sandy...I'm right there with you! Hard to understand God's ways sometimes, but we know his ways are BEST, right?

I'll be sitting there {in spirit} right next to you gals tomorrow. How I remember those days past, praying with her, laughing with her, crying with her and serving with her. How I long for day's past, yet I must look to and long for day's present and future.

There is no sweeter and godly Women's ministry team of servants ANYWHERE else in the world...am I biased? You KNOW how I miss you all!!