Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Bug???

This week will hold some of the nicest days since we came down. It is supposed to be in the upper 70's to lower 80's the rest of the week......and hubby is not feeling well.

He has had a sore throat (probably from drainage) for a couple of days. The throat lozenges he picked up yesterday are not helping a lot. He is sleeping in this morning, but I can hear him in there--clearing his throat. I'm thinking if he says it is still raw...we will try to find a dr to see if there is anything we can do. There is a lot of flu down here, but he does not seem to be running a fever...but did complain of chills some the past few days. It is no fun to travel when you do not feel well. Praying that Michael and I stay well...and that hubby is on the upswing of this today as well.

We spent some time over at the pool yesterday. I hope to get Michael over there lots this week, as we will not take time to swim on Friday night when we get to the motel in Tucumcari. I don't plan on us getting there until late, and I pretty sure we will just want to sleep. The forcast looks great for traveling the whole way.....so far anyway. I am starting to pack a bit and for the first time since we have been 'condoing' I think we are actually going to get almost all of our food used up! I only have one meal of fish fillets left and will have ham and scalloped potatoes tonight. Made my boys fried chicken, potatoes and gravy and peas...and applesauce for supper last night.

My Valentine just got up and says he is feeling better this morning...yea!... Time for breakfast.. =)

1 comment:

Kris said...

Sure hope Dad gets better quick! I'd hate to be on the road with chills and a sore throat :(

Our cupboards have been getting EXTREMELY bare around here (and the frige)...I think we'll run out easily by next week when we pull out!