Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Lord Provides....

I am sitting here at Sky Har.bor Airpor.t in Phoenix. I was supposed to get on the 3:15 flight to Omaha. As we started to line up to board, the gal at the counter about five feet from me started to announce that they are overbooked and wondered if they could get one volunteer....I stood right up and handed her my boarding pass. I got a voucher for $335.50....well above what I paid to get little miss Rylie back home today and should do pretty nicely to get me to Daut's sometime in August! Isn't God good??!! He has blessed our family so much lately. It is so humbling.

It couldn't have worked better. I have this backpack with my laptop and was not going to get home until around 9pm...now I will get home more like midnight or so. .....and no, I don't plan on trying to snag another one on the next flight. I am in A group and plan on getting on the next one..... =)

Smiley couldn't have been a better little trooper. We colored for a while and had some snacks and then I got her snuggled in and put on a Mic.key Mou.se cartoon and she watched that a while...sang and talked and played with her baby and we sang (quietly...hey...and that is not easy for miss R.. =) some more. She never did take a nap and finally told me she was getting tired as they started the desent, so she stayed awake and out we went. It was 75 degrees here. I did not go back outside as I don't know where to go sit that I am not going to sit in the car exhaust. I just came back in and the rest is told above. I am planning on a nice nap on the way home! .... =)

3 comments:

cheryl said...

Prayin you in my sistah! I've missed not talking to you today...since I've had so many pictures to sort through! I am still trying to send you some zipped files, but they are not going through for some reason. Ally's making a CD for you so I should get that in the mail very soon. My burner is not working! DRAT....and my computer guru's are playin around in Florida!
Looks like they will have some final work to do before he takes her away on Friday AM! : )

Hope your flight in is safe...and that hubby comes to get ya! Ha! Another late night, but you have free airfare for summer! GOD IS GOOD!!!

Hope you had a very happy BD yesterday! With that song...that would have been all I needed! Shucks...I might just capture that memory for my next BD! ;)

Kris said...

Wow, way to go in grabbing that free flight! I'd say that's worth a couple of hours more of hanging out in the airport, and hey, we're used to doing that anyway, right?! Why not get paid for it!! :D

So many blessings...the Lord knows how to keep us glad even through all this changin'!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome snag for the free flight! They will all love to see you out there...we are missing them too. Cami is always asking where they're at, and if Ray can come play...