Saturday, April 12, 2008

Plain & Fancy

Sister Sandy gave us a heads up on some upcoming school functions that Julie was taking part in. We thought we would try to catch this musical before we got busy planting in the next couple of weeks. Well we were sure not disappointed!! This was their final of four performances and they deserved the standing ovation they received at the end. We enjoyed every minute of it and it is still hard to believe Julie was that tall, beautiful blond...our shy little Julia Child...up there singing and dancing....and doing a great job, if I may brag! Thanks for inviting us! We look forward to the spring concert now. And I promise, Renae, we will make it to one of yours, too, so don't give up on inviting us!! =)

3 comments:

Kris said...

Adam and I used to go to LCS plays for a date night early on in our marriage-we've never been disappointed!! Now I AM because we missed Julie being in one. I shoulda send our video camera back to them to get it on tape!! :)

daisyinnovember said...

Yes, it was soooo good! And I LOVE your scrapbook page, Sandy! I'll put it up in my "Scrapbooking" picture folder on facebook, where I've collected all the lovely ones you & Kris have made for us over the years :)

oh... and my next performance is right before my 21st birthday... April 19 and 20th! (7 pm on the first, I think 9 and 10:45 for services the next morning).

Anonymous said...

Smart idea for a date night, Kris!

Thanks, Sandy & Steve, and Mom & Dad, for coming - I know it meant alot to Julie.

Julie really enjoyed herself and said that she is already looking forward to next spring's play (won't be a musical). So are we! :-)