Thursday, September 03, 2009

Not that I even like fish...mind you.....

I am trying to find high protien, low carb recipes and thought I would plop them in here..so I can find them and if anyone else wants to try it....go right ahead!! I'll let you know later what the crew thought.... =)


Baked Cod

Submitted By: Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 20 Minutes
Servings: 2


"These fish fillets are quick to fix...and they bake in no time! Brushed with ranch salad dressing and coated with seasoned stuffing crumbs and parsley, the cod fillets are moist and flavorful. Our Test Kitchen sized the recipe to feed just two."


Ingredients:
1 cup seasoned stuffing croutons, crushed ( I used crushed garlic melba toast cuz I had that)
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (omitted cuz cute farmer can't have it)
2 (6 ounce) fillets cod 1 tablespoon reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
Refrigerated butter-flavored spray*

Directions:
1. In a shallow bowl, combine the crushed croutons and parsley. Brush cod with salad dressing, then coat with crumb mixture. Spritz with butter-flavored spray. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

The boys are having corn from this summer and I am having a veggie blend I am putting in the oven when I put the fish in....which they are not very fond of.....

1 comment:

cheryl said...

I'm not a "cod fan" myself but we really like Tilapia. I'll be this would be good with that VERY MILD fish as well. We don't care for very "fishy" tasing fish, but this type is mild, much like Orange Roughy...but much cheaper!
Thanks for the recipe!