Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Taco Soup

I snagged this recipe from Kate off of Facebook. Thought I would put it here for now so I don't lose it


Recipe: Taco Soup
From: Kate from Marti Carey
Makes: a lot

1 ½ lbs. ground beef – browned & drained well
½ onion chopped (or more Kate says)
1 can corn - drained
1 can black beans - drained
1 can chili beans (don’t drain)
1 can chopped tomatoes (Kate used 28 oz can)
1 can Rotel (Kate used mild & it is plenty spicy for wimps like her ☺)
1 can chopped green chilies
1 pkg. dry Ranch dressing
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 c. water.

Cook hamburger and onion until browned. Drain well. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until hot.**

Top with grated cheese and sour cream (or not Kate says).

Great with cornbread.... or fritos!

**Kate says: I threw the cooked hamburger and onions in the crock pot. Dumped everything else in. Set the crock pot on low. And we ate 5 hours later. Reheats well too.

2 comments:

Sandy B said...

Sounds great, Sandy - can't wait to try it. :-)

cheryl said...

Sounds GREAT...I might just change my menu and make this for dinner tonight!! Yummo!!