Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Michael update... =)

God has answered my prayers two times this week! When I was in the drug store yesterday a staff member from Region.V was in and said she had talked to the staff member that is with Michael in Florida. She said they had a good flight and that all were tired by the time they got to their condo, but also had a good and busy day on Monday. Today, another staff member brought in a patient at work, and had talked to 'Michael's staff member". She said they had gone to the ocean and Michael was having a ball 'jumping waves'. They also took an air boat ride. She said Michael was not going to go on it, but she said he had to, because they all were going and there was nowhere for him to stay. He went on and by the time it got going, he was all smiles and was smiling and clapping when they got done and got off. He was glad he went. She told me Joyce asked Michael if he wanted to call home and he said, "no, that's ok". I'm glad, because if he did want to call, I would think he was homesick! I'm so glad he is having fun. Today is Disney day! I might call her tomorrow and see how his day was and tell them to call my cell phone when they get back on Friday evening. We sure miss him, but are so thankful he had that opportunity to go!!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Aw, so glad you got some indirect updates--what a great trip for him to go on. Hope there's some pictures on his camera when he gets back!! :)

Sandy B said...

I'm so glad you got to hear from Mike, too. I know how that is - just to know they're OK and doing well...then you feel better. :-) Hope the rest of the trip goes great for him. So...is my brother learning more patience with all this rain?!! This is quite an interesting harvest this year! Hang in there.

Unknown said...

I bet he'll have a great new show and tell item for church next time he's there. :)

cheryl said...

So glad he had a wonderful time!! What an encouragement to you and Steve! I'm have fun down here in sunny AZ with our kids...and I DID give that boy a couple kisses from his other Grammy! I think he called me "Nana" several times, but Amy said he was saying "banana"....I think he was calling me NaNa! :)