Saturday, May 07, 2011

Finished with Corn and Started Beans...

Cute Farmer finished planting corn on Thursday, May 5th (we started last Saturday, April 30th). He started planting soybeans this morning. We had a beautiful spring day today (81°) and light winds. Michael helped me burn seed corn sacks and I went over and raked out my little garden. I got 4 pepper plants and 4 tomato plants the other day. I want to plant some cucumbers and still would like to put some onion plants in if I can still find some...they could have been in a month ago! I do not can much anymore. I still have tomatoes in the basement from last year. I love the fresh veggies...might even stick in a row of green beans......
And I KNOW it is spring because our little wren is back. I think she saw me coming with the camera, cause she flew off over west when I came around the corner to get a shot of her scouting out her bird house.... =)

No comments: