Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Art of Spiritual Love...ladies study this a.m.....

I was up at the crack of dawn and went to PT at 7 am...I am so thankful she feels I am still progressing and know I am getting a good workout while I am there. She gave me a few new things to do to this week. Sure can tell I've been busy with it, when I leave.....

I came home and said hi and bye to the guys and went to the ladies study at church. Wow...that was a good study. I wish I would have caught the name of the pastor that taught it, but none the less, he, along with the Word, pierced my conscience. The study centered around loving your enemies and praying for those who persecute you.... I don't feel like I have any enemies or that I am particularly persecuted compared to most of the world, but when I read his definition of love and it's opposite:
"love" = to have a warm regard for and interest in another, cherish, have affection for...
and the opposite of love is not hate-----it is selfishness. Wow....that caught me a bit off guard! I have a lot of anti-love flowing in these ol' veins! I can be sooo selfish...and I right out know it!! He said words I have heard so many times before...."anyone can love the lovely... Loving your enemies reflects God's family or likeness. I was an enemy of God and still received His love, therefore, how can I withhold love from those who I am not close to??

We were given a lot of practical applications that gave me a lot to think and pray about. I know I was supposed to be there this morning and I am glad I went.

I came home to an empty house. The guys went for a walk....I'm pretty sure the first part was to McD's for the $1 egg mcmuffin...=) Think I will give them a call and walk to meet them....
No big plans for today...just will enjoy this...our last week and a half in Phoenix..... =)

No comments: